Napa Valley Wine Country Tour
Napa Tour Tips & Etiquette
Some Napa Valley wine tour tips and etiquette. What you might expect in the limo and tasting room. If you are new to wine tasting here are a few etiquette & tips to get you on your way.
- Respect the interior of the limo and drink responsibly.
- Casual to Semi Formal dress is recommended.
- 90% of the wineries charge a fee to taste the wines.
- Approach the tasting bar and a host should greet you with tasting options.
- Respect the wine you are tasting, tasting fees average $5 - $25 and can be higher.
- Tastings consist anywhere between 1 to 8 different wines.
- Swirl, smell, sip, then taste. Notice different smells and depth of colors.
- Normally you would not ask for a second taste of the same wine unless you express that you're interested in purchasing the wine.
- You may swallow every tasting but to not ruin your tasting palate there is often a spittoon to discard the wine.
- Don't crowd the bar, if you don't have an appointment then wait for a group ahead of you to finish tasting.
- If water is provided use it to cleanse your palate or rinse your glass.
- You are not required to drink every wine the hosts offer you, it's ok to skip something you might not like.
- Do not become inebriated this is frowned upon and may cause a refuse of service at any winery tasting bar.